With more than 50 years of tunneling and underground construction experience, GZA provides engineering for design and construction of shafts, tunnels and underground chambers in soil and rock.
Tunnel construction involves many risks related to soil, rock and groundwater conditions. Through evaluation of ground conditions and a thorough knowledge of construction methods, GZA helps clients manage these risks. The firm's experience includes sewer, water, highway, rapid transit, power tunnels and caverns.
Tunnel engineering services include:
- Alignment Selection
- Geotechnical Data and Interpretive Reports
- Geotechnical Baseline Reports
- Tunneling Machine Performance Studies
- Drill-and-blast Evaluation
- Ground Support Design
- Groundwater Control System Design
- Subsidence Control
- Raise-bore Evaluations
- Tunnel Muck Management
- Subsurface Explorations
- Geotechnical Instrumentation