GZA understands how to provide our clients with high-quality defensible technical strategies.
We support your clients as engineers, scientists, consultants, and construction managers by working collaboratively as an active member of your strategic team. We strive to translate and visualize complex technical and regulatory subjects into understandable concepts for non-technical clients, fact finders and other stake-holders.
Lawyers rely on GZA staff for expertise relating to complex environmental, construction, natural resources, and geotechnical issues in property transactions, brownfields redevelopment, and water-related development, and for multi-media compliance assistance and technical support in private litigation and government enforcement actions. Attorneys we work with appreciate our multi-disciplinary skills coupled with our ability to persuasively communicate and teach complex technical topics to stakeholders and lay audiences. We provide a combination of technical expertise and pragmatic problem-solving experience in developing strategies to help clients achieve their business, dispute, and compliance objectives.
GZA provides our clients’ in-house or external legal teams with technical support to address compliance, business, and transactional needs, including:
- Environmental, health and safety, and multi-media regulatory compliance audits and permitting
- Negotiation, design, and implementation of RCRA Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEPs)
- Negotiation, design, and mitigation implementation for CERCLA Natural Resource Damages
- Strategic investigation and remediation of emerging contaminants
- Land use and entitlement, natural resources planning, and siting and permitting analysis
- Energy and water utility siting and permitting
- Environmental and property condition due diligence for real estate acquisition, disposition, and redevelopment
- Human health and ecological risk analysis
- Climate change vulnerability analysis for sustainable development
When our clients are involved in litigation, our experienced practitioners may support their legal counsel by providing the following services:
- Environmental, geotechnical, and construction claim analysis
- Exposure dose reconstruction assessment for toxic tort claims
- Design, implementation, and analysis of forensic studies to identify the source, fate and transport of contaminants of concern such as dioxins, PCBs, PFCs, Cr6, mercury, and 1,4-dioxane
- Expert testimony in state and federal courts, supporting both bench and jury trials
- Cost allocation, simulations, 4-D visualizations, and decision tree analyses in defense of cost recovery cases
- Clear technical testimony and persuasive demonstratives for use in mediation and trial
3-dimensional computer visualizations provide a clearer understanding of subsurface conditions