Since 2002, GZA has been performing an on-going, annual Invasive Aquatic Control Plan for the Springfield Parks & Recreation Department in 6 lakes and ponds. Services included:
- Annual Aquatic Plant Survey
- Evaluation & Design of Alternative Control Methods to Maintain Desirable Aquatic Plants in Littoral Zone
- Environmental Permitting
- Annual Monitoring of Herbicide Application to Control Secondary Impacts
- Post Treatment Monitoring to Assessment Treatment success
- Follow-up work included an overall Lakes Management Plan for 18 waterbodies in Springfield, assessing each feature and developing management recommendations for each lake or pond.