Demolition and decommissioning requires careful planning and execution. GZA has extensive experience in construction management associated with all aspects of facility decommissioning and demolition.
GZA’s services extend beyond design and planning into construction and our approach to construction management is different than most firms. By integrating our building assessment, structural, geotechnical, environmental, and construction management expertise, GZA offers a broad range of technical expertise and technically appropriate solutions to meet our clients’ needs during all phases of construction. Since every client is different, we have taken the additional step to tailor our integrated services around the client-specific needs of various client groups such as site developers, regulated utilities, government agencies, industrial and commercial land owners, contractors, etc. This approach allows us to provide the technical expertise, innovation, sensitivity to client requirements, and responsiveness to the unique needs of each client type.
GZA provides professional engineering, assessment and support services associated with demolition projects for a variety of clients. We also have the unique experience of managing all aspects of demolition projects from inception through completion with a focus on controlling time, cost, safety scope and quality. We utilize our technical diversity, depth of services and management expertise to integrate the different facets of the construction process—planning, assessment, design, procurement, construction and closeout into a scope of services that fit our client’s needs.
GZA’s demolition and decommissioning services can include some or all of the following:
- Project design services including development of project approach and work phasing and sequencing
- Site surveys and inventories for asbestos, lead, PCBs and other hazardous materials
- Utility location and coordination
- Regulatory coordination, permitting, approvals, and public outreach
- Development of construction contract documents including design specifications
- Contractor procurement
- Schedule Development and Cost estimating Services
- Material handling plans for proper recycling to reduce project cost and disposal
- Transportation and disposal of contaminated media
- Comprehensive environmental investigation and clean-up services
- Project close-out services and documentation